The use of diamond knives for surgical procedures has numerous advantages. It is used as a cleaning instrument, reproducible incisions. It is used for an improved wound construction. It is sharp and safe with its retractable blade. It is cost effective as it can be reused.
The steps to protect the Diamond Knife Instrument are as follows.
- The first step is to place the Opti-Kleen blade cleaning system into the holding tray.
- The second step is to peel off the top cover and clean the diamond knife by exposing it for cleaning.
- The next step is to insert the soiled blade vertically into the soft scrubbing pad.
- The fourth step is to clean the debris by working the blade in a cutting-like fashion and gentle scrubbing. The blade should not be pushed deeper.
- The fifth step is to repeat the previous steps until the other compartments have finished.
- The last step is to retract back the diamond blade into its handle and keep into the equipment tray. Then comes the process of sterilization.
These simple steps help in improving the long-term value of the diamond knife. The blades remain clean without dulling, chipping or breaking. Soft foam like material comes with Opti-Kleen cleaning detergent which loosens proteins and other deposits.